Deepika Padukone to play Romi Bhatia in ”83′ – 5 unknown facts about Kapil Dev’s wife Romi Bhatia
Deepika Padukone to play Kapil Dev's wife Romi Bhatia in Ranveer Singh-starrer ''83"
Ranveer Singh posted the announcement on Wednesday morning saying “Who better to play My Wifey than My Wifey? “
This would be the DeepVeer’s first movie together after their marriage. The couple was last seen together on big-screen in the movie Padmavat (2018).
’83 The Film’ will release on April 10, 2020.
Before we watch Deepika Padukone play Romi Bhatia on screen, here are 5 unknown facts about Romi Bhatia
- Kapil Dev’s wife Romi Bhatia is from a Punjabi family in Delhi.
- The couple met in 1979 through a common friend. In the same year (1979), during the India-West Indies Test match in Delhi, Kapil had invited Romi to watch the game. He scored his first-century twirling Norbert Phillip for a six to jump from 94 to 100. He became the first batsman in the history of Cricket to reach his first century with a six.
- Kapil proposed Romi in 1980 while traveling on a local train in Bombay and they got married in the same year. It was a close family affair where no cricketer was present.
- Their daughter Aaniya Dev was born after 14 years of their marriage in 1996.
- Romi is involved in charity works.
Deepika will spend some time with Romi to understand her role in detail.
”83″ is produced by Madhu Mantena, Vishnu Induri, and Kabir, and presented by Reliance Entertainment.
Apart from starring 83, Deepika will also star in Chhapaak, a film based on the life of acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal, and is also producing the film.