Kabir Khan’s much awaited cricket drama inspired by the Indian cricket world cup win of 1983 will now release in theatres in June. “Thrilled to share that 83 is here and you can watch it from the comfort of your nearby cinemas.” posted Boman Irani and so have the actors and director of the most awaited film of the year 83′.
The film is set to release in theatres, June 4th, 2021, onwards in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam. Saqib Saleem who plays Mohinder Amarnath in the film, in an earlier interview with Filmfare Middle East also revealed that the film also has two cricketer’s children in the film. The one being Chirag Patil who plays his dad Sandeep Patil and the other being Mali Marshall, the son of West Indian fast-bowler Malcolm Marshall.
These are the stars essaying the role of the dream team that won the World Cup of 1983.
- Ranveer Singh as Kapil Dev: captain of the Indian Cricket Team at the 1983 Cricket World Cup
- Deepika Padukone as Romi Bhatia: Kapil’s wife
- Tahir Raj Bhasin as Sunil Gavaskar
- Saqib Saleem as Mohinder Amarnath
- Ammy Virk as Balwinder Sandhu
- Harrdy Sandhu as Madan Lal
- Jiiva as Krishnamachari Srikkanth
- Amrita Puri as Vidya Srikkanth: Krishnamachari’s wife
- Sahil Khattar as Syed Kirmani
- Chirag Patil as Sandeep Patil
- Adinath Kothare as Dilip Vengsarkar
- Dhairya Karwa as Ravi Shastri
- Dinker Sharma as Kirti Azad
- Jatin Sarna as Yashpal Sharma
- Nishant Dahiya as Roger Binny
- R Badree as Sunil Valson
- Boman Irani as Farokh Engineer
- Pankaj Tripathi as PR Man Singh: Manager of the 1983 World Cup-winning Indian team
- Parvati Nair as Marshneil Mehrotra Gavaskar: Sunil’s wife
- Aditi Arya as Inderjit Bhardwaj: Mohinder’s wife